Thursday, September 24, 2009

pseudo soccer mom.


Yup. That's me. Every Wednesday from 5:30-8:00 or so. I now know what it is like to try and get the kids off the bus, feed them, dress them, have them get snacks and toys for the duration of the night, gather their homework, soccer gear, water bottles, and my stuff and rush them out the door only to arrive 10 minutes late to practice :) Then after the first water break is called for the five year old it comes to my attention that I have filled the water bottles and left them on the kitchen counter. So no water. Well that equals pouts and anger so I scrounge up a bottle from the car and hike into the GIANT high school to seek out a restroom with a sink. Ok, water bottle episode solved. Half hour later while trying to get the 7 year old boys shin guards, socks, and cleats on (what a pain in the tookus!!) on, he realized he left his socks on the chair in the living room. SO, I say sorry you have to wear your sisters (mind you the 7 year old boy and 5 year old girl are the same size, go figure). Her socks are sweaty, stained, and pink. He cares not and says "tough men wear pink!" (thank you lord for making that one easy). Lastly, 7 year old boys like to collect creepy crawly things and I tend to forget this. So as we are packing up to switch fields he reaches into a pocket of his backpack, I say "What's in there?" he responds with " nothing". So I reach in and what feels like crumbs comes to life and jumps down my arm. Grasshoppers. Thanks dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment