Monday, November 30, 2009

locavore.

A locavore is someone who eats food grown or produced locally or within a certain radius such as 50, 100, or 150 miles (240 km). The locavore movement encourages consumers to buy from farmers’ markets or even to produce their own food, with some arguing that fresh, local products are more nutritious and taste better. Locally grown food is an environmentally friendly means of obtaining food, since supermarkets that import their food use more fossil fuels and non-renewable resources. (according to Wikipedia)

I am reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver and am in LOVE with this book right now. I love to cook, grow my own food, and eat vegetables (a BIG part of all of this) and this book has inspired me. I will share more later on this subject, but wanted to introduce it now :)Known as the Vegetannual. Again more on this later!

No comments:

Post a Comment