Thursday, January 14, 2010

a weeks worth of yum.

I have decided it would be fun to do a weekly meal plan here on my blog instead of just one recipe. I am including recipes and pictures for 7 meals and a grocery list so you can get everything you need. There is also a pantry list of things you probably have on hand, but if not can add to your grocery list. Each recipe and the grocery list will be for two servings of each thing, since that is how many I cook for. You can probably figure it out to adjust for one or three or four or whatever. The first post is the plan for the week and your grocery list. Then each day I will post a recipe and picture (probably not of the actual dish I made, but of the dish in general) of that meal. Sounds fun! So, feel free to follow along, or take the whole thing at the end of the week and use it some other week. I would love to know what you try and how it turns out :)

The Plan


Nicoise Salad
Chicken Parmesan
Parchment Fish and Veggies
Greek Salad
Rice Pilaf and Mini Turkey Meatloafs
Tzatziki Chicken and Stuffed Zucchini
Pizza

The Grocery List

handful fresh green beans (or frozen but NOT canned!)
2 red potatoes
2 tomatoes
head of lettuce (green leaf, romaine, or boston work best)
1 lemon
1 zucchini
1 cucumber
1 red onion
1 small can sliced beets
jar of kalamata olives
1 can tuna
cous-cous (box or bulk variety)
feta cheese
1 bag frozen peas
1 pkg chicken breast
1 pkg ground turkey
2 fish fillets (your choice, salmon, cod, something a little meatier than tilapia)
2 slices mozzarella cheese
2 14oz. cans of tomato sauce
(I find it cheaper to buy this way and season it myself, but you can get one big jar of sauce if you want too.)
1 can chick peas
pizza dough (I LOVE the fresh bag you can get from Trader Joes for $.99 but any kind will do)

The Pantry List

Eggs
breadcrumbs (can also be made with crackers, leftover bread, chips)
Olive Oil
Vinegar(any kind will do if you aren't picky)
Sour cream or plain yogurt
Pasta (any shape will do, I prefer long noodles though)
Herbs and Spices
rice (brown, instant, long grain, really don't matter)


No comments:

Post a Comment