Thursday, February 11, 2010

the BEST turkey meatloaf.

at least in my opinion... :) Anyhow, I made some turkey meatloaf for dinner tonight and it was ridiculously good!! Unfortunately, I don't have pictures because 1) the lighting in my kitchen is really really bad, 2) sometimes I don't know I am going to share the recipe until after dinner and 3) I often eat a bunch of it up and then go...oops I didn't take a picture because I am so ravenous :) But here is the recipe sans picture, trust me its worth it (Lindsey...make this...it is SO good!)

Ingredients:

1-1.5lbs ground turkey
1 egg
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs (can use regular too, but only use 1/4 cup)
1 package of dry vegetable soup mix
1 tbsp Worcestershire
a couple shakes of liquid smoke ( not necessary if you don't have it already)
2 smallish or one really big ass onion, cut in half then sliced thin
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup of shredded cheddar

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix turkey, soup mix, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire, and liquid smoke together with your hands.
3. Mold into a loaf shape in a glass baking dish ( I prefer a bread size one with deep sides)
4. Bake in oven for one hour.
5. While it's baking caramelized onions by placing over medium heat with butter for 10-15 min, then reduce heat to super low and cook stirring occasionally until your loaf is done.
6. Turn oven up to low broil.
7. Take out loaf and top with onions, then top with cheddar.
8. Broil a few minutes until cheese is bubbly and onion are a little brown (keep a close eye as things broil quickly!)
9. Let rest for 10 min and slice and serve and scarf a bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment