Monday, May 10, 2010

keep growing.

a garden update

what's new: I checked out a local greenhouse around my home called Pinter's Greenhouse...and let me tell you it was FANTASTICAL!! Huge, huge, and huger, nice selection and healthy plants and the prices were great!!! So here are some new additions to my soon to be garden this year.

hot hungarian wax peppers ( 4 seedlings for $.89!!!)
spicy oregeno
horseradish (for Dave who LOVES the stuff :)
sunset colored snap dragons
purple and white allyssum

what's in progress:

--it is still too cold here at night to put my garden in the plot allotted by my apartment complex so the tomatoes, cukes, eggplant, onions, and peppers are in limbo. the cucumber seedlings are looking awesome!
--the first batch of radishes has been planted in a big planter and have sprouted and should be ready in 15 days :)
--all the lettuces have sprouted, some growing more quickly than others, but they should be good in 20-30 days.

Still curious if anyone else is doing any gardening...I would love to hear what you are growing or any advice you have :)



2 comments:

  1. Ah, I can already smell those lovely flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now Rachel and I have sunflower and pumpkin seedlings started. I don't know where the pumpkins will go after they get to big for the little peat cups, but the sunflowers are now in a giant terra cotta pot. I received a lavender plant for Mothers day which I repotted already into a planter. Danny was kind enough to put my Begonias in the front garden for me as well. I have one other hanging pot with some kind of flowering plant, but I don't know what it will be because it has no flowers yet. You asked... :) See you soon! ~Love Suzie.

    ReplyDelete