it is berry season and I am LOVING it!! right now strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries are all $1 a pint!! I have been going crazy with them, freezing them, putting them on frozen yogurt, eating them by the handful, and making these delicious pancakes :) Enjoy!
What you will need:
pancake batter (you can use homemade, but I prefer the add H2O and shake kind :)
1/2-3/4 cup of raspberries
1/2-3/4 cup of blackberries
2 tbsp sugar (I like mine on the tart side)
1/8 cup water
some fresh chopped mint
What to do:
1. Puree raspberries and blackberries in a chopper/food processor/blender
2. Heat water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, until sugar is dissolved.
3. Add berry mixture to sugar/water and bring to a boil.
4. Simmer until consistency is thick like a syrup and has reduced by a little more than half
(about 10-15 min)
5. While berry syrup is bubbling away make your pancakes.
6. When everything is done, top pancakes with your berry syrup and put fresh chopped mint
7. Eat as many pancakes as your belly can take :)