Monday, June 21, 2010

a day of doing.

Did some thrifting and craft supply gathering today for upcoming shows and the tour de summer class!! I will be doing another sneak peak for the class soon! I have a LOT of crafting to do now and need to get to work pronto :) My best find was a white metal chair for $4...can't wait to share some recent thrifting photos...maybe wednesday. Tomorrow look for a yummy breakfast recipe!

Dave and I did some MAJOR gardening today! We picked all the broccoli rabe and lettuce and planted 3 jalepenos, 4 red super chilis, and 4 basil plants in its place. We also pulled up tons and tons and tons and tons of grass growing in and around everything despite our mulching. Then we put even more mulch down. Every thing is looking great, a couple baby cucumbers have started to form, we have a couple wax peppers and a second batch of radishes on the way!

cucumbers.
tomatoes.
wax pepper.
horseradish.
broccoli rabe.

I want to give a special thank you to one of the places on my long list of errands today. You are inexpensive and have good quality food. I spent $48 in groceries today and cannot even believe all the stuff I got :) I get to feed us good, healthy food and not go broke!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog today, and I'm so excited to find that you also live in Michigan! I'm on the West side of the state, but it's so much fun to read about places/people/things that I could actually meet or see in person. I'm adding you to my list of blogs to follow!

    ReplyDelete