Friday, October 1, 2010

collage fun.

so...since I have been on a Keri Smith kick I decided to do a fun little collage exercise inspired by her! here is what I did.

1. got a stack of old Real Simple magazines, a box cutter, a glue stick, 3 pieces of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" pieces of cardstock.

2. looked through the magazines and cut out three phrases to use as titles. in this case: long live color, solutions, and the best memories start here.

3. took my box cutter and cut a square in the magazine (about 2" x 2") through as many layers as I could.

4. continued doing this through various points in the magazine and with different magazines. each time changing the shape a little to a rectangle or bigger/ smaller square.

5. went through my stack of cut outs and picked out pieces that I thought went with each title and glued them on as I went.

6. admired my creative finished works that for being random aren't really so random afterall :) click on them to take an up close look!

No comments:

Post a Comment