Monday, February 18, 2013

something new

This is something I have been forgetting or neglecting to do as of lately.  Creating something for the pure and simple pleasure of creating.

It is so easy to get caught up in creating and making things with a specific outcome in mind. Especially when you are a designer and make stuff for a living.  I often forget to take time to just play.

So, I am declaring today a create-to-create day.  An opportunity to paint, scrap, design and play around with whatever I want without an end result in mind.  I think this will act as a good way to get out of a rut where I start comparing myself to other artists and trying to constantly come up with new ideas instead of nurturing the ones that already exist.  I want to take the time to do this as often as I need and thought it would be a neat segment to start including here.  No pressure.  No reason.  No plan.  Just create :)  Let me know if you would like to play along.


No comments:

Post a Comment