Friday, February 15, 2013

prepping for project life.

As the arrival of our little bundle nears I am gearing up to start Project Life, documenting the first year of baby boys life :)  Here are some general thoughts I have been having.

--I was originally going to start with the week he was born but thought it might be cool to include what's going on the couple weeks leading up to the big day.

--I also think this will give me a chance to get a feel for the project and how I want to organize stuff and put it all together.

--This includes getting in the habit of taking my camera with me and actually taking more pictures with it.

--This also includes jotting down happenings and stories as the week goes on. I love post-its and a little notebook I carry in my purse.

--I am not someone who prints photos at home, however this may change once the baby comes and I get color ink for the printer. But, for now there is a Rite Aid around the corner from the house which is where I will upload and pick up (or have the hubby pick up) my weekly photos.

--Keeping random paper tidbits from the week in a pocket I taped to my wall by my desk.




--The story of the green album:  I purchased this green polka dot American Crafts album a few months ago with the intention of using it as Baby G's album.  It was on sale and I actually think I bought it before we knew he was a boy, so it was also gender neutral.  Anyhow, when I got it in the mail it was WAY brighter green than the photo had led on (the picture above doesn't do the brightness justice).  But, I figured, oh well I will get over that ( still haven't just for the record.)  Then a month or so ago I decided I wanted to embark on  Project Life for documenting his first year and our first year as parents.  Well this album is post bound, not a 3-ring binder, but I also thought, no biggie I can make that work.  But here we are and I am about to embark on this project and I hate this album.  So, needless to say, I think I am going to purchase a new one. Now I just have to figure out a use for this one.  I do have a LOT of layouts laying around with no home, so I might just make this another random life album.  It is a silly thing to feel guilty about but I do since I spent money on it and now will be spending money on a new one, for purely cosmetic reasons.  But as of now, I am saying f it and letting it go :)

-- I am going to use my planner as another way to keep track of what happens week to week, as far as appointments and to-dos and other various notes.



No comments:

Post a Comment