Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Project Life: Baby's First Year

I am so so so so excited to start this project and share it with you!!!  I have decided to be a part of the Project Life movement that is going on in the scrapbooking world right now.It was started by Becky Higgins a couple years ago and has really caught on and taken on a life of it's own.

Most people do one two page spread consisting of 4x6 and 3x4 pockets for photos, journaling, etc. for each week of the year, thus documenting their lives as they go along, as opposed to the traditional one-page-per-event/ topic scrapbooking style.  It is a great way to capture all the little bits of life and is more like a journal and scrapbook all in one.

Mine is going to be a little bit different in that instead of one spread for each week of the year, I will be documenting Baby G's first year of life.  I am still in debate of whether to start it with the week he is born, or sneak in a few of the weeks leading up to 1) because I am excited to start and 2) to share thoughts feelings and preparations for his arrival.  I am slightly hesitant to start early because I still have a lot I want to put into my pregnancy journal so we shall see.

I have started gathering supplies and prepping them to use in the album, by pre-cutting them, etc. Below is a glimpse at some of what I have collected so far.

I will also be adding my own take on some Project Life inspired products to my Etsy shop VERY soon, and using them in my album as well.

Below are some links to various sites explaining and illustrating this project for you to check out, all of which are very inspiring!!

           Project Life at TwoPeas
           365: Project Life by Ali Edwards
           Project Life by Becky Higgins
           Meet the BH PL Designers Here
           Elsie Blaha's Project Life 2013

I am not sure how many, if any scrappers read my blog, but if so is this something you would consider doing, have done, or just any thoughts on the project in general?







No comments:

Post a Comment